Toddler Misbehavior - A Challenge ~ Understanding and caring babies at all stages

Understanding and caring babies at all stages

Enjoy the complete baby experience

More About Me...

As a mom of a 2 yr old girl, I've been through those tough times with questions all my blood cells. If carrying the baby was one hell of a task, caring the baby is not any different. But when you look at that one cute smile of your baby's, the misseries simply become passing clouds. Stay tuned with babnybaby to enjoy the complete baby experience. Good luck to all the mom-to-be's and dad-to-be's out there. -- Kavya

Toddler Misbehavior - A Challenge

A toddler misbehaving by screaming and rolling on a public place especially a grocery store or a restaurant can be the worse nightmare for any parent. Being a mom of a 2 year old toddler, I myself am experiencing this a lot nowadays.

Why do toddlers scream ?

Your toddler can scream for 2 reasons

1. They want something which they can't or should'nt have and they get upset if the parent says 'NO'.
2. To seek attention through their misbehaviour.

My daughter just turned 2 and she has entered this screaming phase i guess. On the other day, I had to cut my shopping trip and rush home as she felt sleepy and started rolling on the floor and crying. I was so embarassed as people starting staring at me as though i am not fit to be a parent. I know lots of moms have been part of this show but here are some tips i have listed for parents based on my experience.

Distraction :
Distraction is the best weapon to use against your screaming toddler. Try to distract her with some toys if she is crying for a candy, or you can even try to point out some healthy snacks instead. In my daughter's case,it's always easy to distract her and show her new things,name them and make her repeat the names.

Shopping after Naptime :
Make sure, your child has rested properly and taken her nap before you take her out. A child behaves like a maniac if he/she feels sleepy. To avoid such behaviours, plan your shopping after the child's naptime.

Good Preparation :
I always pack some snacks, fruits or juice of my daughter's choice before going for shopping. If it's going to be a long day, you can even have some special toys just for outings.We have some toys on our car which she gets to play with during outings. Those toys are always special and interesting.

Get them involved:
Getting your kids involve in what you do is also a nice way to avoid screaming. I always involve my kid while shopping for dresses by asking for her color choice, she even loves holding the money saving coupons, and picking out the groceries. This keeps her occupied and there is less chance of screaming or misbehaving.

Choose kid friendly Places:
If you plan for an eatout, it's good to choose some family friendly restaurants rather than a quiet formal place. In that way, if the kids start screaming, nobody will notice as the place itself is quite noisy and packed with kids.

Remain Calm :
Don't raise your voice though your child makes you to. Believe me, shouting at them doesn't do any good. It just results in a competition to see whose voice is much louder and may be few more tears. Staying calm, and mainting a neutral tone will prevent the situation from getting worser. This can be extremely hard to achieve, but it's really worth at the end. Your child is screaming because she is upset about something. Try to acknowledge their feelings and help them work through it. Instead if you scream back at them, they become more upset and it is only going to make things worser.

Remember this is just a stage, and it will pass. Your toddler will soon grow old and these incidents will just be memories.

Digg Technorati del.icio.us Stumbleupon Reddit Blinklist Furl Spurl Yahoo Simpy

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
     

    bet on sports, bet football, foootball betting
    bet online online sports betting betting online

  2. Anonymous said...
     

    Hey I am so delighted I found your webpage, I really found you
    by error, while I was browsing on Google for something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to
    say thank you for a incredible post and a all round thrilling
    blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to go through it all at the moment but I have saved it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the awesome work.

    Feel free to surf to my weblog; Escamoes.pt

  3. Anonymous said...
     

    smokeless cigarettes, e cigarette reviews, ecigarette, smokeless cigarettes, e cigarette, ecig forum

Post a Comment