Storing Breast Milk ~ Understanding and caring babies at all stages

Understanding and caring babies at all stages

Enjoy the complete baby experience

More About Me...

As a mom of a 2 yr old girl, I've been through those tough times with questions all my blood cells. If carrying the baby was one hell of a task, caring the baby is not any different. But when you look at that one cute smile of your baby's, the misseries simply become passing clouds. Stay tuned with babnybaby to enjoy the complete baby experience. Good luck to all the mom-to-be's and dad-to-be's out there. -- Kavya

Storing Breast Milk

I have always had this question in my mind when I started breastfeeding my baby ; How long can I store my pumped breastmilk in the refrigerator ? Whoever I ask this question gives varied answers which led to a confusion. Here is a clear fact on storing your freshly expressed Breast Milk . Have this in mind, No more confusions :)
IN REFRIGERATOR :
  • Use within 24 hours if possible
  • Discard after 72 hours

IN FREEZER :
  • Upto 1 month in freezer compartment of refrigerator
  • 3-6 months in deep freezer (0 degrees or less)
  • Store in the back of freezer.
  • Label and use oldest first.
  • Best if used within 3 months.
Previously frozen breast milk can be stored in refrigerator for 24 hours. But NEVER refreeze it.

Digg Technorati del.icio.us Stumbleupon Reddit Blinklist Furl Spurl Yahoo Simpy

1 comments:

  1. Expression ! said...
     

    Thanks a lot Kavya for this informative post.It was a really good one.

Post a Comment